Saturday, June 10, 2017

All driver broad cast

From the time I heard that they were doing this all driver broad cast I was excited especially since 3 out of my 4 favorites were in it. Let me tell you it did not disappoint. They kept saying hand it back to the professionals but they all sounded like professionals. They brought a light hearted engaging side that had me really drawn in. I am not a fan of Kevin Harvick's but he did a remarkable job as the lead announcer. I thought Joey and Clint brought just enough comedy to the broad cast as well. You could tell that all three were feeding off each other and adding in their own wisdom. Denny Hamlin probably had one of the hardest jobs because Larry McReynolds is a past crew chief so when he's talking about strategy he knows it because he's lived that situations or similar one when he was up on the pit box. However Denny did an incredible job of predicting strategy and I'm sure he had help from Larry but he made it come of effortless and smooth. Danica was so funny because she threw it up to the booth with Boom Goes the Dynamite which earlier in the week she said was bad news if she said it. Erik, Ryan Blaney and Ricky were excellent pit reporters. There was teasing about Erik and Ryan never talking and I admit there both pretty quiet so I was interested to see how it went over. They did great Chris Gabehart told Erik he sounded like a natural and I have to agree. He went into pit reporter mode and did a great job of being professional. I loved watching Blaney interview Keselowski because he clearly was excited as a fan and driver of that 22 car but despite the first moments in victory lane showing that he isn't a full time pit reporter I thought he brought it back and continued to give a great interview. Ricky did a great job as well with all the interviews with crew chiefs and handling the caution coming out in the middle of his interview. NASCAR keeps bringing in new and different ideas and I know a lot of fans don't like them and I don't always love them although I do like stage racing and think especially in today it added a lot of strategy that we wouldn't have seen without the stages that lead to a great finish. However the all driver broad cast was something that was so much fun. I would love to see them do it again I understand they can't do it to regularly because the professionals as the drivers kept calling them need their jobs and it was a quick turn around for the drivers from practice to the booth. However it was a blast and I would love to see it again. Great job all around to all the drivers. It was great to see them take on different roles and other parts of their personality shine and come out. Hope to see it again and job well done like Waltrip and Adam Alexander said I give all of you an A+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.