Monday, June 12, 2017

Bubba Wallace

I thought it was super special that Bubba Wallace got the opportunity he did in the cup series driving such a famed ride. I am glad that he was able to have that opportunity and to raise the diversity banner even more.  I understand that he doesn't seem to mind having that conversation and carrying the flag for African Americans. At the same point though i think it's pretty stupid that we still in 2017 need to be having so much emphasis put on his skin color. Even Daniel Suarez, Danica Patrick and Kyle Larson haven't had as much focus on being a different nationality or gender. It's been mentioned but i feel like for me at least from the outside it feels different. To me it's almost mentioned as a side note to their story. With Bubba his skin color has been the story. I hate that he has had to deal with the racism thrown at him on his way up because quite frankly it shouldn't be that way. For me growing up in the same generation as Bubba I feel that like him I've been raised to treat all others the same it doesn't matter their skin color or anything like that. I hope for the sake of diversity in NASCAR someone gives bubba a full time cup ride next season. He has earned it despite not having a win in the xfinity series. If his team hadn't shut down over there I feel this year would have been the year. He had so many top 10 finishes and was having the best season ever it was only a mater of time. I understand it's a part of the sport but I hate to see guys like Bubba and even Alex Bowman and countless others not have rides due to sponsorship. I have always enjoyed watching Bubba his personality makes him at least to me very likable. Then again I feel a connection with the crop of young guns and guys who are my age or right around my age. More on that later I plan to do another post after this one about that topic. Bubba is a great guy and I have to agree with the stories I have seen I think NASCAR needs bubba even more then he needs NASCAR. He has so much going for him and I would love to see him get that full time cup ride. He and Ryan Blaney's friendship is so special and I would love to see both of them get to race each other every Sunday. I thought Bubba did a great job yesterday and I can't wait to see how he continues to improve in his next starts. I wish him all the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.