Sunday, November 1, 2015

The race at Martinsville


Hey guys well today was a crazy race. It was so cool to see Jeff Gordon's excitement winning the race today. I wasn't cheering Jeff on for the win I was hoping Kyle or Denny could get it done. However I am happy for Jeff Gordon to see his excitement was so cool to see. It was also neat to see the fans support for him to know at one point fans booed him and now he was respected like that.  It is because of the type of driver he is he's a legend of this sport and I didn't grow up liking  Jeff I didn't watch his rainbow car. However I know a great driver when I see one and he is a great driver. I was happy to see him win because for a while their it looked like his final season would be winless and he deserves to have a win in his last season after all he has done for the sport. I was glad that his family was there and able to celebrate with him. I was also proud of the NASCAR post race crew for focusing on his win first today and allowing us to see what it's like to be in Victory Lane. I haven't been this happy for a driver who wasn't one of my favorites to win since probably Martin's win at Pocono. I've never see Jeff so excited and knowing that I might be his last win of his career was appropriate for him to win at his best track. Congrats Jeff if one of my favorites can't win the title at Homestead I'll be cheering for you and I'll write up a blog post about his retirement after Homestead.

Now onto the Drama from today I've always been a fan of drivers and never a specific team. However after my three favorites were all driving for Gibbs I really became a Gibbs fan and I can say that when Joey left I was sad however I didn't mind Matt, or Carl so I am still a Gibbs fan. With that said I was disappointed in how today's race played out. I know that lots of people disagree but to me the racing incident between Joey and Matt at Kansas was just that hard racing. I know people could accuse me of playing favorites to my favorite driver. However if you compare it to the incident today their totally different. Matt said after Kansas that he had always respected Joey but not after today. Well before today I respected Matt because you never saw Matt get to riled up and he always raced clean and like a champion of the sport. After today I won't say I lost all my respect for him but it did change my opinion of him slightly. I never expected Matt to do something like that and then to lie and cover it up disappointed me if you're going to do something then admit to it your already parked by NASCAR. I expected Matt to race Joey hard but I also thought he would race Joey clean and fair. I saw in his post race media session Kyle called NASCAR out for being consistent in making inconstant calls. I have to agree with what the reporters were saying that this gave a black eye on the sport and it isn't what this great sport I love is about. However Kyle has a point that NASCAR isn't consistent they didn't call anything on Kevin Harvick last week in what seemed like a pretty blatant wrecking of Trevor Bayne yet they park Matt today when he wrecked Joey but Danica wasn't touched when she purposely got into someone. It's very inconsistent and like Matt said after Talladega NASCAR has lost all control. I think not NASCAR has to suspend Matt Kenseth they need to show that this is not something they will stand for. If you compare it to Kyle Busch wrecking Ron Hornaday a few years ago when Ron was racing for a title NASCAR parked Kyle. To me this situation is very similar and I agree with something Parker Kligerman said I think the drivers feel safe and almost invincible and they take more chances. However Austin Theriault could have easily died a few weeks ago at Las Vegas, Austin Dillon at Daytona and Kyle Busch at Daytona. The sport is safer but no driver is invincible. I was very disappointed in Matt today and I'll be interested to see how NASCAR reacts to the incident. I hope moving forward to finish this chase we can have competitive clean racing. Everyone have a good week and enjoy the races next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.