Sunday, November 8, 2015

Jimmie Johnson's win Today

Hey my fellow race fans well the season is almost over and obviously I wish today had gone better for Joey and Denny. However if one of my favorites or my sister's favorite (Trevor Bayne) couldn't win Jimmie Johnson is the next best choice. As anyone who reads my blog regularly knows I have a couple of really good friends who are more like sisters and their family has become my second family. They tragically lost their mom this past January and it doesn't seem real even nearly a year later. I respect my friends so much for how they have handled this situation I can't even imagine being in their shoes and having their life turned upside down. Their mom became my second Mom hen we first became friends and she was a huge Jimmie Johnson fan. She got a lug nut from a fellow Jimmie fan off his racecar and I was their that day and her excitement was through the roof. I never imagined there would be a day we couldn't talk racing and that's been one of the things I've missed the most now that she's gone. I miss her everyday and I wish more than anything that she was still here. Watching Jimmie win today I was thinking how good he looked in that cowboy hat. For the first time in a few months I've had the urge to pull out the phone and text her about that. To realize that I couldn't do that really hit me hard today. Some days are easier than others and having lost a few close friends before this I know that the day will come when Jimmie winning makes me happy and makes me feel closer to her but at this moment with the grief still so fresh it hurts to see Jimmie win and know that I can't talk to her about it. Watching NASCAR I have never been a person who hated Jimmie but I wasn't a Jimmie fan. When he was winning a lot of races or championships I would get a little tired of seeing him win. I never hated him but I did wish to see someone else win some to. I know that's a common thing you love to see your own driver dominate but when it's not your driver it's not very fun. However when I think of all Jimmie has overcome with winning the day of the Hendrick Plane Crash in 2004 or losing his best friend the weekend of his first cup start I really pull for him and want to see him do well. I know the pain of loosing a friend and I can't imagine doing what he did the weekend of his first cup start. I've always respected his talent and what he has done in the racecar. Since losing my Mom 2 he has carried a more special place in my heart. I write this post in dedication to my Mom 2. I miss you everyday and I will always love you, when you left you took a piece of my heart, the memories I have I hold dear to my heart and I know that one day I will see you again. I like to think after seeing how long Brad dominated today and how Jimmie passed him that you had something to do with it. I'm sure that you Ricky Hendrick, Blaise Alexander and all other connections to Jimmie in Heaven are having a big party and gave him that little extra today. Rest In Peace until we meet again. For my fans thank you for giving me a place to express my feelings and write about the sport I so dearly love. Seeing the number of views increase always touches my heart. I may never know you personally but I really appreciate your support and I hope that my posts can help you in some way I may never know. God Bless all of you enjoy the rest of the season I'll post a champions wrap up if I don't post before then. Congrats on the win Jimmie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.