Sunday, November 22, 2015

A final Farewell to Jeff Gordon

So I felt that it wouldn't be right to give a future hall of famer who was retiring a small blurb in my season recap. Every sense I started watching NASCAR Jeff Gordon has been in the 24 car and it is so weird to think that he won't be any more. It's crazy to see the drivers that were the stars when I first started watching all starting to retire. I love a lot of the up and coming drivers that will take their places however these are the drivers that I started watching and it's weird to think that drivers like Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart are retiring. With that said there is no doubt that Jeff Gordon is an incredible driver and a future hall of famer sooner rather than later. Seeing the tributes that all the tracks, fans and drivers did not only today but this whole season. I got to be a part of one of those tributes at Michigan International Speedway this year and I've got to watch Jeff Gordon race live twice. Jeff is a class act for all he does off the track and for the driver he was on the track wanting to do whatever he could to help the sport he loves. Seeing all the pieces on him today made me emotional and I'm not even a Jeff Gordon fan I respect Jeff 100% and he's the type of guy that you want to support. For me though I never attached on as a fan of his I know most of my favorites were Jeff Gordon fans growing up though. Jeff was a great ambassador for this sport and watching him win Martinsville I was happy for him that he could end his career with at least 1 more win and a chance at the title. If Kyle couldn't have won Jeff was my second pick for the title. I had a feeling after he won Martinsville that it would be the final win of his career and it was but it was the perfect win to complete your career with. Seeing Jeff Gordon retire was sad and emotional for me so I can't even imagine what it must have been like for those that are true fans off his. For me personally I grow to love these drivers and to support them and I love seeing them every week. So it becomes personal almost like your giving it up thankfully all my favorites are relatively young so I have a few years before I have to worry about that. Jeff is an incredible driver who I respect so much and I will miss seeing him on the track. I loved watching all the great tributes this year as a sport we gave a grand farewell for one of our legends, NASCAR greats, Champion and Hall of Fame Driver (soon to be). Jeff your final season may not have gone exactly as you wanted but you had the love and support of an entire community and sport. Seeing how your peers reacted shows what an incredible guy you are for all of those of us who haven't had the pleasure of meeting you. I wish you all the best in your future and I can't wait to see what class of the Hall your inducted into but I'm guessing that you get inducted in within the next two years but definitely the next five. As they said at the races all year and especially today Thank you Jeff 24ever you will be missed on the track enjoy your retirement and time with your lovely wife Ingrid as well as Ella and Leo who are both beautiful kids. You had a storied career and you were respected and loved by your peers. You're a champion in every sense of the word and you deserve everything you got this year God Bless you Jeff.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I read the blogs. Great Job. Hope my comment shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment did show up thanks for reading I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.