Monday, June 27, 2016

Truck Series News and Tidbits

Hey guys I'm back you get not one post today but two. So I've been watching the truck series some recently and I am so impressed with William Byron to have the success he's had in such a short amount of time and to hear that he's only been racing for a few years total is incredible. He has a lot of natural talent clearly. At this point Matt Crafton and the field better watch out because he could be a serious contender for the title and follow Erik Jones and give Kyle Busch Motorsports a second championship in a row and the team could go back to back. Kyle Busch Motorsports getting their 50'th win in the truck series after only 7 years as a team is pretty impressive as well. People may not like Kyle Busch but not only can he drive and win races and do incredible things behind the wheel but he clearly has a great business going and an incredible eye for talent. First finding Erik Jones to race for him and Now William Byron he has two incredible talents that have driven for him and Christopher Bell could be right up there with William Byron had he not suffered such bad luck early on in the season.

I was so saddened to see the news a week ago or so about the fire at Thorsport racing and to see the pictures of the damage. I was glad to hear they could save some trucks and to see the NASCAR community rally around them but you never want to hear of something like that happening to anyone but especially not a team that has been built from a small team to one of the best teams in the camping world Truck series. I've been impressive with how they have continued to run since the fire and I hope they can continue on like they have been despite all they lost in that fire.

I was sad to see Ryan Truex pulled out of his truck for a few weeks and ending the chance for him to run for a championship. I understand the team he drives for is a small team and doesn't have a lot of money and Jesse Little brought sponsorship. However I still feel that having a chance at the title could have really helped that team. It would have brought awareness to their organization and possibly been able to help them get more sponsors. In the end it wasn't my decision and i'm sure that team did what they felt they had to do. I just feel for Ryan Truex much like his brother his career has been a series or bad breaks, bad luck, in his case injuries and what could have been. Ryan is a talented driver and I feel like if he had a chance to run for a title he could have proved his talent. It tough in the sport right now though because the fact is there is a ton of talent in the young guns and yet there seems to be more young guns and talented youngsters then there are rides. Alex Bowman is another classic example of that you look at what he's done in Dale JR's car in the Xfinity series and he clearly can contend if given a ride with a top team.

That fight between John Wes Townley and Spencer Gallenger at Gateway was crazy. Watching it was just a crazy thing to watch. I have never seen a driver throw another to the ground like that and they did it twice. Rolling around on the track could have been very dangerous had NASCAR not had them under a red flag because the rest of the field would have been coming. Spencer Gallenger looked like he was just trying to hold John Wes Townley's arm after John Wes connected a couple of punches. It was crazy to watch and I will be interested to see NASCAR's take and how they handle that situation.

Finally I want to wish Mike Wallace and his family the best of luck as they continue to heal from their brutal attack. Like Mike I don't understand why someone would do that but it just shows how careful you have to be these days about who you talk to. It stinks that you have to walk around with your guard up and be so careful about who you talk to but the fact is these days you can't be to careful and you never know what will happen. I hope Mike can recover from his injuries and that the whole family can get past what happened. They didn't deserve what happened to them and I hope the men who hurt them get punished for their actions.

Thanks to everyone who reads my blog it always means a lot to me. As always feel free to comment and I'll talk to you all soon. Good luck to all the drivers this week at Daytona and I pray it's a safe race for all involved from the drivers, to the crew to the fans. If your going to the race at Daytona have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.