Monday, June 27, 2016

Tony Stewart's win

Hey guys I'm back with another post so I hope you all enjoy. All along I've hoped that Tony got at least one more race win and the chance to go out on top. However there were moments it just didn't seem like it would happen. Yesterday everything came together and it happened Tony got his win. Watching the race at the end I had very mixed emotions Denny had never won a road course race and so naturally I really wanted him to win. The fan in me wanted to see my driver win. However the compassionate side of me wanted to see Tony win after all he's dealt with the past few years. I truly didn't know how to feel when Denny was in front I really wanted to see him win. However once Tony got past him it allowed me to reflect back on all Tony has been through and that made me want him to succeed. I called my dad to come watch the last 7 laps with me and after Tony won and I was clapping my dad said so Tony is growing on you is he. The truth is Tony grew on me a while back even before all his personal tragedy. I wrote a blog post about my transition with hating Tony Stewart to not minding him. http://nascarjgrfan.blogspot.com/2015/09/my-transition-from-casual-fan-to-die.html here is that blog post in case you want to read it. However the short version of that post is I didn't understand NASCAR when I started watching it and the fact Tony and my drivers were getting into fights I sided with my drivers and hated Tony for wrecking them (blaming him even if it wasn't his fault). I used to throw fits or run away screaming when my friends parents would try to tease me on Tony Stewart. As I continued to watch and learn the sport I realized what NASCAR was all about and once I realized that I realized I don't have to like every driver but I should respect their talent. By this point Tony and my favorite drivers had stopped tangling in wrecks and it allowed me to sort of mellow out about Tony. I was older and starting to mature as a person as well. All these things helped me to get to where I am today as a NASCAR fan. For a few years there I kept pretending I hated Tony just so my friends wouldn't tease me about my change and if I'm honest I liked the teasing. If yesterdays race ending would have happened when I first started watching NASCAR I would have been so mad at Tony for wrecking Denny. Even if Denny himself wasn't mad however I know more about the sport and I'm not mad at Tony he did what he had to do to get a race win and possibly make the chase. As Denny said All's fair in love and war. After all Tony has been through with the injuries and the sprint car accident these past few years I'm happy for him. He deserved to go out winning races and at least contending. Since I've got to read stories about Tony and the kind things he has done and I've got to see his funny personality I can say I will miss Tony racing next year. It's a change from where I started to wear I am know but I appreciate and love NASCAR so much more then when I started. So congrats Tony on your win you deserve it. I just want to say it's so cool that Fox gives out the Byrnsie award to honor Steve Byrnes and Fox I will miss your coverage your without a doubt my favorite coverage of NASCAR. Its been an incredible season so far with lots of great finishes and close finishes and I can't wait to see what else is going to happen. It is pretty funny that both Kyle and Tony missed races and needed a win to get in the chase and both got that win at the exact same track Sonoma. Congrats again Tony on not just this win but all your success in NASCAR. Thanks to anyone who reads my blog and those who try to comment I went on blogger help and you should be able to comment if your having issues it's likely third party cookies filtering issues. Here is the response I got back The Blogger / Google login status, and the ability to post comments, is sensitive to both cookie and script filters.  Your readers may need to enable (stop filtering) "third party cookies" - and possibly scripts - in their browser and on their computer. They also said if your a reader outside of the US there may be other things like this you have to enable. So I hope this helps any of you who had wanted to comment but maybe weren't sure why your comment wasn't showing up. Thanks again for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.