Saturday, June 11, 2016

Prayers for Erik Jones and his Family


Well sorry it has been a month again since I posted I have a feeling NASCAR is looking at some new first time winners based on how Austin Dillon, Chase Elliott and Alex Bowman have been running. I think if Tony Stewart is going to get a win it will be coming soon maybe even tomorrow. Now onto the reason for my post once again it's about my favorite which I apologize for but I seem to get the most motivation to write posts about them.

This post is hard for me to write and one I never wanted to have to write. I love and support Erik Jones he is one of my favorite drivers and I have always felt connected to him. He was born in a small town of Byron Michigan I was born in a small town although bigger than his small town. Being so close I have always felt a connection to him. Both our fathers are named Dave and I can't imagine loosing my father. Having lost a friend to cancer and the women who was like my second mother I may not know exactly what Erik is going through but I have a slight idea of what it is like to deal with something similar.

When Erik won the race at Bristol and reveled that his dad had cancer I was praying Erik would not have to lose his father so young and way before he should have. Sadly though Erik reveled that he did lose his father this past week. As soon as I heard that on the broadcast my heart sunk and I had tears in my eyes. As a fan I get so close to my drivers and to read Erik's note to his father on twitter just further broke my heart and brought me to tears. Unfocently I have lost a friend to cancer he was just 17 years old. I also have experience with my friends losing their mom my second mother at the ages of 17 and 20. So I've seen how they coped and made it through but I understand the knowledge of all the things in the future that Erik won't have his dad there for. More than anything I wish I could wrap my arms around Erik and give him a big hug. Cancer sucks and it sucks that he had to lose his dad. Life doesn't seem fair but I have to give Erik major props for continuing to race on this weekend despite his heavy heart. However my friends have shown me through their loss and that through losses like these comes incredible strength you didn't even know you had. I am so proud to be an Erik Jones fan and proud of the man he is which is partly in thanks to his father.

Erik I want you to know that I may not know you personally and you certainly don't know me but my heart is with you during this time of loss. It doesn't seem fair but I know that with the support of those around you that you will make it through. You are an incredible person and you have always shown so much poise and maturity well beyond your years and I know you need that now to help you more than ever. As many have said nothing I say can make any difference but I do hope you know how loved you are not just by those in the garage that you know personally but also by the nascar nation of fans who may have never met you but support you, love you and cheer for you every race. Your dad may not be here physically but you have to know he is with you wherever you go and he is so proud of you and the man you have become. I wish I could give you a hug knowing we are only a state away me in Ohio you in Michigan. However since I know I can't just know that I have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers you are in my heart.

It is moments like these that make me so proud to be a fan of the sport. The drivers and teams compete against each other and want to beat each other every race. In times of tragedy like these though you see how much they all love and care for each other. When someone is going through a hard time they are the first to step up and wrap their arms around that driver or member of the garage and their family. Alex Bowman said on twitter that "The garage is a big family and we are all here for him" That comment and the many others given in support for Erik show me that he will be okay. Although there is a huge gap now in his heart with the loss of his father Erik has the support of his garage family to help get him through this loss. I love to see how they all support each other. I know that Erik has so many people who know and love him to help him through.

His dad was taken from this world far too soon and my prayers go to Erik his sister Lindsey and his mom Carol. I hope you feel the love and support of the NASCAR community from those you know personally in the garage to the millions of fans around the world that you have never even met. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know from personal experience that losing someone you love at such a young age is hard but you find a strength inside you that you never knew you had and you begin to move toward your new normal while honoring and grieving the one you lost and that the support of those around you is what helps to get you through it. So I'm grateful that Erik and his family have the support of a NASCAR nation which includes me Dave you were taken far too soon and you will be missed greatly by all who knew and loved you but especially by your family. Rest in Peace Dave and Erik continue on bud I am so proud to be your fan and so sorry for your loss my thoughts and prayers go out to Erik and his family.

 

1 comment:

  1. Here's a test comment. See:

    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/blogger/K5SPacdUvao

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.