Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Chicagoland Xfinity Race and Happy Father's Day

Hey guys so it's once again been a while since I posted I try to do my best. So I'll get to the title of the post in a minute but I was watching the Xfinity race today and NASCAR told the spotters that pit road was open during a soon to be round of caution lap pit stops. However when the drivers got to pit road the light that signals pit road to be open was red signaling pit road was close. 22 drivers listened to NASCAR and came down and a few stayed out obeying the caution light. NASCAR admitted that the word pit road was open hadn't got to the man who controls that light. So they then penalized the drivers that came down before the light switched to green (which from my understanding of the broadcast) happened in the middle of pit stops. Now I don't blame NASCAR they had a tricky situation on their hands it wasn't fair to not penalize the cars that came down because that would have in a way been penalizing the cars that obeyed the light and stayed out. However it wasn't really fair to penalize the cars that did come down because they listened to NASCAR's word so they didn't check or ignored the light. Now I don't know what I would have done in NASCAR's situation and in the end no one got terrible days due to the mistake. In the future though if I was NASCAR to avoid a situation like they had today I would make sure that light is correct before notifying the spotters that pit road is open. What are your thoughts readers Do you agree with the way NASCAR handled the situation or would you have handled it differently? I also have to while I'm talking about the race give major props to Ryan Blaney for coming through the field so quick he had a heck of a car today and put on a great show all in a backup car. If his primary was anything like this backup I hate to think what he would have done starting up front and having a car with practice laps on it. I was also impressed by Ross Kenseth today stepping in and running close to the top ten or in the top ten for most of the race. With a dad like his I'm not surprised but it was impressive although it continues the trend of top young drivers coming in. Ryan Blaney and Erik Jones also finished top 10 in their debuts if I recall correctly. I love Erik Jones and so I have to congratulate him on not only today's win but finally getting a long time coming Truck win. He has shown speed in whatever car/truck he's gotten into this year and you look at the number of different crew chiefs he has worked with this year (Dave Rogers, Adam Stevens, Rudy Fugle, Chris Gayle, Michael Wheeler) It is truly impressive that a 19 year old has handled working with that many crew chiefs and run great with all of them. He's won under 3 different crew chiefs this year and to me that is just impressive. As a fan it was so nice to hear Larry say he thought "Erik is the best talent to come around recently not to discount the others" I think Erik looks good but I'm not deep enough in the sport to know if he's truly the best I know he's good but is he the best I don't know. What do you guys think is he the best if not let me know in the comments who you think is the best and why? With so many talented young guns the future looks bright and we could get quite a conversation going. I'd love to get a response in the comments and see which current young guns (Ross Kenseth, Ryan Blaney, Ryan Reed, Chris Buescher, Kyle Larson, Austin Dillon, Ty Dillon, Erik Jones, Chase Elliott, John Hunter Nemecheck, Cole Custer, Joey Logano, Trevor Bayne, Ben Rhodes, Ryan Truex, Bubba Wallace, Daniel Suarez, Alex Bowman, Cale Conley, James Buescher just to name a few)  you think is the best and why (if you have someone who hasn't yet made a NASCAR start yet feel free to throw them in the mix and if I don't know them I will look them up) . It would be interesting to read and I would consider making a post about the results if I get some in the comment section.

Now moving on from today's Race congratulations to Dale Jr and Amy on your engagement I wish the two of you the best together and a happy future. Congrats to Ty Dillon's wife on becoming a Honey Bee. Obviously Happy Fathers day to all the NASCAR dads those like Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski celebrating their first father's day as fathers and those like Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth who have celebrated many other father's days as fathers and all the rest in between. A special Happy Fathers day to my dad you've always been there from the time I was little, when I was sick taking care of me, to taking me to my first concert, to driving all the way to South Carolina to pick me and my sister up from vacation. Every day you have been the greatest father I could ask for you introduced me to NASCAR which has become a lifelong passion I had no idea when I was a young girl laying on the family room floor watching NASCAR and eating hot pockets how that would change my life. I've loved going the NASCAR fan base and I owe it all to you. You are the best dad I every could have asked for and I love you very much Happy Father's day daddy I love you. Happy Fathers day to each and every dad out there wither it's your first father's day or your 91'st father's day I wish each and every one of you a happy father's day and I hope you had a great day. Thanks once again for reading my blog everyone and remember I would love to hear which young up and comer you think is the best and why in the comment section (just click on the no comment or add comment to comment on my blog) Thanks and have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.