Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Rest in Peace Steve Byrnes

As a NASCAR fan I always love how the community rallies to help those in need. Today the NASCAR community stands together to support each other as they grieve the loss of Steve Byrnes. As soon as I saw the headline announcing his passing my heart sunk and I felt grief for a man I'd never met in person. I can't even imagine what it must be like for those in the NASCAR community who had interaction with him on a regular basis and were friends of his. My heart goes out to all of those people as well as his son Bryson and Wife Karen. Seeing Bryson's message this past weekend for the race I can't help but tear up thinking of him. I know he will have the best support system around the garage to grow up with. He has so many people with wonderful memories and stories about his dad to be shared with him. I'm glad Steve got to see the Bristol race and what a fitting tribute it was to Steve and let him know just how loved he was. Steve did an awesome job in covering the races and in every interview he did. He passion shown through in everything he did and he was an amazing reporter. He left a presence in the garage that can never be replaced. He was an amazing member of the NASCAR community and now he has joined the NASCAR community in heaven joining the likes of Dale Earnhardt, Adam Petty, Ricky Hendrick, Jason Leffler and all the other drivers, team members, media members and race fans already in heaven. Heaven gained an amazing reporter and he will truly be missed here on earth. I have no doubt the tributes by NASCAR are going to be amazing tributes for an amazing man. His time here on earth was far to short but in that time he lived life and affected so many people. My thoughts and prayers to his wife Karen, Son Bryson and all the friends and people he knew in the NASCAR community. As a community I know that NASCAR will lean on each other and support his family. Rest in Peace Steve Byrnes and enjoy the race from the best view there is. You will be truly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.