Friday, October 16, 2015

Joey Logano's Piece on his Second Chances Foundation and how that piece touched my life


Hey my lovely readers last week at Charlotte I was touched by Joey Logano's Second Chance's foundation piece that aired before the race. Joey commented he was lucky to realize that NASCAR wasn't the important part of life at such a young age. He is a remarkable driver and a even better human being. I had the privilege of meeting him a few years ago and instantly I felt so comfortable with him he was laughing and talking with me as though we had been best friends for years. Even though he may not remember me I will always remember meeting him and the kindness he showed me. I was a Joey fan before that night but I became a even bigger fan that night. Out of the three NASCAR drivers I have met Joey was by far the kindest and the friendliest. Seeing his friendship with Gavin Grubb through the years has been so sweet to watch and shows what kind of a person he is. The piece with the charity about veteran suicide touched me because last January my life was changed by the suicide of my best friends mom. She wasn't a veteran but watching that piece Joey did made me think of her once again. I never dreamed that I would know someone who committed suicide but it just goes to show you never know what is going to happen in life. Going forward my immediate goal was to take care of my best friends and help them through it the best I could. However now I want to do my best to help others so that hopefully I can prevent the pain I felt after losing her. I want to be able to spread the awareness of suicide prevention. Joey's foundation is doing an amazing thing with their support and it's so great to see. I may not touch as many lives with this blog post as Joey touched with that piece but I'm here to do my part. Joey seeing the compassion you show to others shows the type of guy you are and I'm so proud to be a fan of yours and to support you. I love the maturity you show and how your using your platform to help those less fortunate then you. Your may have became a Daytona 500 champion this year but I know you would agree with this statement you were already a champion as a person and that's the best kind of championship to have. Each week on NASCAR.com reading the stories of the charities your supporting and your compassion to the people those charities help makes me smile because I'm so proud of you and so proud to be your fan. I wish you all the best in the rest of the chase and to all my readers I urge you to spread Joy and to be kind to those you meet because you never know what battle there fighting even just one kind word can save someone's life. We can make a difference and I urge each of my readers to go make a difference however you can. To all those struggling remember that you are not alone and you may not realize it now but you have a lot of people who care about you and would be heartbroken to lose you. I said after my best friend's mom committed that I don't think she truly knew how many people loved her and were heartbroken to hear of her loss and would have helped her had she just reached out. It may be too late to save her life but going forward it's not too late to change someone's life and I believe that's part of my purpose in this life to help others and become  a part of something bigger than myself. Please remember that your never alone and suicide is not the answer. If you need help contact the suicide prevention hotline 1-800-273- TALK (8255) 24/7 and for more resources see http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ I love you all and I hope you enjoy the race this weekend thanks to all of you who read I'm not sure if the comments situation is fixed yet but feel free to try I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.