Wednesday, February 4, 2015

In loving Memory

Well fellow fans the season is fast approaching and there are so many changes this season with rules and the news that it is Jeff Gordon's final season. He's been in it for as long as I've been watching and its surreal to think that he finishing up his career. On the same note I'm excited for Chase Elliott I've really grown to like that racer and he deserves it so much. I just found out Brad Keselowski and his girlfriend Paige are expecting a little girl this year so congrats to them. I can't wait for the season because I've missed my racing but it also brings a bit of sadness for me hence my blog post title.

A Week and 1 day ago I lost a treasured person near and dear to my heart. She was my best friends mother and like a second mother to me. She was the sweetest person in the whole world and anyone who knew and loved her could see that. She was a die hard Jimmie Johnson fan and we always teased each other about whose driver was going to beat the other. She was also the person that I talked anything NASCAR with and since her death I've picked up my phone to text her about NASCAR news about four times. I miss her dearly all the time but one of the things I'm going to miss most is talking anything NASCAR with her. With her gone it leaves a gap that I can't fill and that's what makes me really start to miss her is imagining not having anyone to talk NASCAR with the way I did with her. She and her husband are like my second parents their daughters like my younger sisters. They all hold a very dear spot in my heart and are truly more family then friends. Their family took me to my first ever NASCAR race at Michigan. Those memories are ones I hold close to my heart with her gone. It's still surreal to think that she's gone and I'm sure as the season starts there is going to be even more things I wish I could talk to her about. I know she read my blog and loved the posts that I mentioned her or her family. So I dedicate this blog entry in her memory. To her family I hope you enjoy my tribute to her. She was the greatest women and there is no one else in the world that I could have picked to be a better second mom. I love you all very much. Mom 2 you were a amazing person and NASCAR buddy and I will miss you so much Rest In Peace.

Thank you to anyone who reads my blog even though you may not comment just to see that I have people reading my blog brings me great joy. Thank you and feel free to comment enjoy this season and I'll talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.