Monday, July 6, 2015

Austin Dillon and the NASCAR family

Hey my fellow race fans and readers Watching that race last night I was horrified when I saw Austin go up into the catch fence. It was a terrible impact and I was so terrified if Austin was okay or not. I truly agreed with Jimmie Johnson when I first saw the wreck I thought Austin Dillon was dead. I was thinking it was the second driver to be killed in the three car at Daytona. To see all the different crews running to his aid shows what NASCAR is all about and the way Dale and the other drivers reacted shows you what a family sport it is. They may not all be best friends but there a community and they care about each other. I was so relieved when the crews signaled that Austin was okay and then to see him crawl out from that car. He definitely had the good lord watching over him last night. Seeing his brother's tweets on twitter and how scared he was for his brother was heartbreaking for me as well. Having a little sister I can relate to the Dillon boys my sister and I are best friends. Ty and Austin's bond is the reason I'm a fan of there's. I have to thank NASCAR for all of the safety updates they have made over the years. Watching Austin walk away from that crash practically unscathed was a miracle. Seeing him get hit by Brad Keselowski just added to the scariness of the wreck. I'm so thankful that I didn't have to be mourning the loss of Austin this morning.

Last night watching the crews of all different teams including the race winning team not thinking of anything except making sure Austin was okay. Checking in on him not knowing what they would find. Austin made mention of the garage and NASCAR community as family as did Dale Jr. I'm so proud to be a member of the NASCAR community you don't see this kind of support and care between football teams in the NFL or basketball teams in the NBA or baseball teams in the MLA. NASCAR is truly one of a kind and I'm so proud to support this amazing sport that I love so much. Seeing the way the drivers worried about the fans and Austin. It was an amazing gesture made by all. Seeing the feature about wives worries about restrictor plate racing it shows how there all going through the same things and they support each other. As a fan I don't like certain drivers but I certainty wouldn't wish serious injury or death on them. It was said that the NASCAR community included it's fans and I definitely feel that you can tell the drivers care about their fans based on how they act. Joey Logano going in the stands last night was a perfect example of that. The community is one reason I love NASCAR and I will be a life long fan what the community stands for it has changed me I feel a part of something so much bigger than myself and it feels amazing.

After the wreck I'm so thankful for Austin and the fans safety and I hope he starts feeling better soon. I'm also thankful to be a part of the NASCAR community just like you my loyal readers. Thanks for reading and have a good week.

Just a quick update there is suppose to be a story on NASCAR racehub tonight (July 7, 2015) with Austin Dillon his dad Mike Dillon and Grandfather Richard Childress there suppose to speak as father, son and grandfather in this emotional piece. I can't wait to watch it although I can only imagine the emotion after hearing Mike and Richard call for Austin on the radio hearing the panic in their voices was so scary reminds you what the families of these drivers go through. So I encourage you all to watch that story and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Austin was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to it's amazing that he was okay but really thankful that he was thanks for the comment and reading.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.