Friday, October 24, 2014

A Tribute to Ten


Ten years ago to this day Hendrick motorsports suffered a horrific tragedy. Now on this day I'm doing my part to remember the people lost on that fateful day. I was not watching NASCAR very closely back in 2004 when the tragedy occurred. I have since learned about it and I have looked up articles and videos on the crash to learn more about it and the people lost. My best friend's family are big Hendrick motorsports fans and so I know this post will mean a lot not only to them but all Hendrick fans. The more I dig deeper into the stories the more my heartbreaks. I probably have read the most stories on Ricky, Jennifer and Kimberly Hendrick just because they were the youngest and the ones I found the most heartbreaking. They showed so much promise and had not got to live their lives as long as the others had. That's just who I read the most about Ricky's little girl also nick named Ricki in his honor is such a adorable little girl. I can't imagine being in her shoes and never getting to meet your father. I have a lot of respect for her mother Emily Maynard I know with the bachelorette recently and all a lot has been said and who knows how much of that is truth and what not so everyone might not agree. However to lose your fiancĂ© and then find out your pregnant with his child and have to be a single mom at 18 years old. I can't imagine doing that I know at 18 I wouldn't have wanted to raise a child let along as a grieving mother. I feel so bad for John Hendrick's wife and oldest daughter Alesha to lose your sisters and dad or daughters and husband depending on the view point. I have 1 biological sister and 2 best friends that are really my sisters in every way except biologically and I can't imagine losing 2 of them and my dad. It had to be the worst time. Those are just the ones I know best that's not to take away the loss that Joe Jackson, Randy Dorton, Jeff Turner, Scott Lathram, Elizabeth Morrison and Richard Tracy's families feel. My heart breaks for them as well I just haven't read up as much on them so I don't have any stories so to say about them. I have so much respect for Rick Hendrick to move on after losing your son, your brother, and your nieces as well as valuable employees. Everyone lost out on that day but rick lost probably the most. I've never been a Hendrick motor sports fan when I really got into racing Kyle Busch was getting ready to head over to Joe Gibbs Racing. However even as someone who isn't a fan of theirs I respect what they have all overcome and I can't imagine getting through that. The last people I feel for when I think about this tragedy are obviously all of the drivers that were driving for Hendrick motorsports but especially  Jimmie Johnson and Brian Vickers. Jimmie was the one that has his win from that day forever tainted because of the tragedy. He has no idea what had been happening while he was driving and now he's told not to celebrate. I can't imagine what he must have gone through finding out and I'm going to tune in on the raceday show Sunday at 10 on FS1 because Jimmie is suppose to be doing a story on it. I also gained a little more respect for Jimmie when I learned that he went out and won the race the next week. I don't know how he could move on and do it so he really gained some respect through that. Brian I can't even imagine losing your best friend on your birthday. I lost a friend about a week after my birthday and it's changed how I see my birthday because I know in the back of my mind that my friend's anniversary of her death is coming up. Trying to move forward and celebrate your birthday with such sad memories also on that day. I don't know how you would do that your birthday is suppose to be a happy time but he can never celebrate it the same way knowing he also lost his best friend. The Hendrick plane crash was a terrible tragedy that forever changed the lives of so many. On this day especially but for their families every day we remember those lost. Rest in Peace  Ricky Hendrick, Jennifer Hendrick, Kimberly Hendrick, John Hendrick, Joe Jackson, Randy Dorton, Jeff Turner, Scott Lathram, Elizabeth Morrison and Richard Tracy. You were taken from this world far too soon my thoughts and prayers go out to all of the NASCAR community, Hendrick Motorsports and all of the families and friends of those lost. Please feel free to join me in remembering the people lost 10 years ago today in the comment section below.
RIP to all you are greatly missed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.