Thursday, September 11, 2014

My NASCAR story how i got started in the sport

Hi everyone my name is Jessica McMillen I have been a NASCAR fan for about 8 years now but my dad has been watching it for as long as I can remember. I started watching NASCAR with my dad as just something to spend time with him. However I quickly became hooked and these days I'm a die hard NASCAR fan I watch the race every weekend and I have surpassed my dad in NASCAR fan status. My first memories of NASCAR are laying on the family room floor with my dad eating hot pockets and watching the race. The first driver I ever liked was Kurt Busch because I found his card in a cheerios box so I started watching him and when I found out he had a little brother Kyle I quickly became a Kyle fan. These days my favorite drivers are Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano. I still like Kurt Busch and a lot of the younger up and coming drivers are my age so I relate with them and enjoy watching them but Kyle, Denny and Joey are my top 3. My first and so far only race I ever attended live was the Michigan race in June of 2010 with my two best friends, my younger sister and their parents. I got lucky enough that my first race one of my favorite drivers Denny Hamlin won. I have gotten to meet Kurt Busch, Ryan Newman and Joey Logano at various places through out the years and I hope to get the chance to meet many other drivers. I plan to use this blog just to discuses my thoughts and views on certain races, or events happening in the sport. I understand we may not like the same drivers in fact it's likely and that is fine we can all have conversations in the comments and have different view points. Even within my own family and close friends we have different favorites. My dad was a big Mark Martin fan but since his retirement has shifted recently to Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon. My younger sister loves Trevor Bayne. My best friends who are like sisters love Kasey Kahne and Jeff Gordon and their parents who are like 2'nd parents to me love Jimmie Johnson. However comments must be done in good taste as the author of this blog I reserve the right to not post certain comments or to remove any comments. Comments that will be removed or not posted are any that are mean or nasty toward or about a certain driver and their fans, and any comments that have bad language in them. I want this blog to be a place where NASCAR fans or even NASCAR rookie fans can talk about and discuses this sport but I don't want it to be hurtful and ruin it for the good fans. Thank you and I hope you all enjoy my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys this is Jessica I am having some issues with a friend who commented twice and it never showed up so if you have commented on my blog then I am sorry that so far it has not shown up I am new to blogging and so I am trying to figure this out as I go so I apologize for constantly asking for comments when it is not working quite right. I didn't even realize until this situation. So hang on and I will try to figure this out but thanks for reading it means a lot and I hope you are enjoying the blog I would love to be able to get some comments on what you like and dislike and have conversations but as of right now it seems like something is not quite right. If you want to comment feel free to try I just can not guarantee that your comment will show up.